Sunday, January 24, 2010

GOT NOIR? ~ NOIR*ARAMA . . . AT THE BIJOU!

NOIR?
So you say you want more NOIR?

Sure, sure. This is your lucky day. Ya see, on dark nights and bright days AT THE BIJOU can pull the punches and keep the hits comin':

Remember this one, me and Baby?
 
from The Big Sleep
Humphrey Bogart regarding Lauren Bacall: 
"She was worth a stare. She was trouble."


Well here's some more to chomp a bit on:
  
from The Big Steal
Jane Greer to Robert Mitchum:

"What I like about you is you’re rock bottom. I wouldn’t expect you to understand this, but it’s a great comfort for a girl to know she could not possibly sink any lower."

from Strangers on a Train
Leo G. Carroll: "She was a tramp."
Patricia Hitchcock: "She was a human being. And let me remind you that even the most unworthy of us has a right to life and the pursuit of happiness."
Leo G. Carroll: "From what I hear, she pursued it in all directions."

  
from Double Indemnity
Fred MacMurray’s narration:  

"She liked me. I could feel that. The way you feel when the cards are falling right for you, with a nice little pile of blue and yellow chips in the middle of the table. Only what I didn’t know then was that I wasn’t playing her. She was playing me, with a deck of marked cards and the stakes weren’t any blue and yellow chips. They were dynamite."

I got more rattlin'round my brain but Katie says the NFL playoffs are startin' and she wants to see Peyton's place in gridiron historee. A gal's gotta have her heroes. Don't let her get started on Brett.


DAMES and DICKS
**AT THE BIJOU**
pulls out all the tricks!

Out of the shadows, 
that Absolutely*Kate kiddo 
raises the curtain on ~
NOIR*ARAMA! NOIR*ARAMA!
The Double*Feature Fest to feast'on
Reach, reach for your popcorn as me and Katie cue low-key lighting to bleak sleazy settings and stage up some corrupt hard-boiled cynical characters. Aw shoot, this is gonna be as fun as rapid-fire machine-gun repartee. And you know how you dig that scene.
~ Tell 'em BOGEY sent ya ~
** AT THE BIJOU **

Give it up with
a rat-a-tat-tat for ~


Absolutely*Kate
IN A ROUSING DUET WITH
Harry B. Sanderford

No comments: